Join us at the newly reimagined HEROES IN ACTION (formerly March of Dimes Arizona Nurse of the Year Awards), as we honor outstanding nurses and maternal & infant health providers across our state!
Whether serving as a healthcare provider, educator, or researcher, you all play a critical role in advancing the mission of the March of Dimes
: leading the fight for the health of all moms and babies.
From May 10 - June 30,
colleagues, supervisors, and instructors will nominate outstanding healthcare heroes in 15 diverse categories. This year, we will also include intraprofessional nominees in our Friend of Nursing and Healthcare Technology Partner categories. You can download a list of all categories here
as well as view the descriptions in the next section to nominate a hero today!
All official nominees will be invited to attend the Nominee Night Reception on September 7, 2022,
where the top three finalists in each category will be announced. The winner in each category - along with our Distinguished Nurse of the Year
- will be announced at the Awards Luncheon on September 20, 2022
. Both events will be held at Chateau Luxe, 1175 E. Lone Cactus Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85024.
We are grateful to our nominees, finalists, and winners, for helping to raise money for our mission--to lead the fight for the health of all moms and babies! Your support of March of Dimes will help them reach their goal of $15,000, which will fund programs like:
* Free virtual/in-person NICU support programs for families
* Virtual prenatal programs for moms-to-be
* Health equity for moms & babies, addressing racial disparities in maternal/child health
* COVID-19 interventions and support for moms and babies
* Educational programs for families, including live Facebook panel discussions
* Necessary supplies for expectant mothers, including blood pressure cuffs and masks
* And so much more!